Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I can see you! // Widzę cię!

Yesterday I was weeding my beds when suddenly I spotted a lizard watching me out of the corner of its eye. It wasn't moving, probably pretending it wasn't there :) 

There are many such lizards on our plot, they live in shallow tunnels beneath the ground; whenever I go through grasses I can hear the rustling sound of them running away; very often I see them basking in the sun.

Here: female sand lizard; common lizard (lacerta agilis)
Another time, I'll try to take a photo of a male one, because they have such lovely green bellies :)

------------------------

Wczoraj gdy pieliłam grządki zauważyłam jaszczurkę zerkającą na mnie kątem oka. Nie ruszała się, prawdopodobnie udawała, że wcale jej tam nie ma :)

Na naszej działce jest dużo takich jaszczurek, mieszkają w płytkich tunelach pod ziemią, za każdym razem gdy idę przez chaszcze na działce - słychać tylko jak uciekają, często widuję je jak się wygrzewają na słońcu.

Tu na zdjęciu: samica jaszczurki zwinki (lacerta agilis)
Innym razem spróbuję zrobić zdjęcie jakiemuś samcowi, bo ma uroczy zielony brzuszek :)

9 comments:

  1. Śliczna jaszczurka :) To pożyteczne stworzonko, a przy tym piękne :) Pozdrowienia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have them here also and they always scare me, not because I am afraid of them I just don't expect them.
    The dogs are always chasing them.
    Have a great week. Your flowers are beautiful from your other posts.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. same here..they always there when you least expect them. When I was watering my rose yesterday, something jumped and it really scare out of me..o_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks huge, we were lucky enough to have newts last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How strange I've just posted a very similar post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos :) I don't think I have ever seen a sand lizard before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! We don't have those over here, but the southern and western parts of the States do have similar ones. We get the occasional salamander but i haven't seen one in years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neither do we have any lizards. However we have a beautiful small snake that is completely emerald green and - a bonus - it eats slugs! We also have lots of garter snakes that eat the frogs. It is irrational, as they have to eat too, but I don't let them eat the frogs in the garden if I can help it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee, to pięknie sfotografowany jaszczurkę:-)
    Ajka

    ReplyDelete