Friday, February 15, 2013

Narcissus 'Tete a Tete' and linseed cookies / narcyz, żonkil i ciasteczka z siemieniem


At the end of January I bought in Lidl supermarket narcissus 'tete a tete' bulbs in a pot. 
  These yellow flowers bring so much joy to my house when there is still some snow outside!
 It's a pity that they don't smell.
I've read on the news that there are 2 weeks of cold temperatures left. The beginning of March is supposed to bring some warmth and sun to our gardens. I hope it'll turn out to be true. Meanwhile, I've baked some healthy linseed cookies to celebrate flowering narcissuses :)

-------------------------------------
Pod koniec stycznia kupiłam w Lidlu narcyzy 'tete a tete' w doniczce.
Ich żółte kwiaty wnoszą tyle radości do domu nawet gdy za oknem wciąż pada śnieg!
Szkoda tylko, że nie pachną.
Czytałam w wiadomościach, że zostały tylko 2 tygodnie mrozów. Ponoć początek marca ma być cieplejszy. Mam nadzieję, że tak właśnie będzie. W międzyczasie, chyba z tej całej radości - upiekłam pyszne i zdrowe ciasteczka z siemieniem lnianym :)


more narcissus photos / więcej zdjęć żonkili


The bulbs on the day when I bought them.
Cebulki w dniu, kiedy je kupiłam.


 They started flowering after 10 days.
Zaczęły kwitnąć po 10 dniach.

Every day a new bud is flowering.
Każdego dnia pojwia się nowy kwiat.





10 comments:

  1. Are you going to plant them outside when they finish flowering? - We have lots in the garden but they're not flowering just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll plant them outside later, because my garden is very young and I have only a few daffodils there - which will flower for the first time this spring.

      Delete
  2. They are beautiful. Yellow is such a cheerful color! Your cookies look yummy.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dewberry,

    The narcissus are lovely. Nothing beats yellow to bring cheer! It must be nice having a tete a tete while enjoying the cookies and looking at the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have some inside blooms to cheer you up as you wait for warmer weather. Cookies make a double delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tete a tete are pretty daffodils. I planted ten bulbs about five years ago and now only one or two show up. Time to plant more I guess. They do like nice in pots like you have too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I look at narcissus, I always remember the legend behind it. What a lovely way to enjoy it with the eyes while indulging the mouth with your most wholesome cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. co to za ciasteczka? wyglądają super!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh daffodils are my favourite flower, but they don't grow here. Gosh those cookies look yummy, I could eat a couple right now....

    ReplyDelete