Saturday, October 21, 2017

Beauty of lettuce






Usually, when we think of lettuce - we see green butterhead, rarely iceberg or cos - but they come in so many variations that some of them don't even look like lettuce.



The lettuces in the pictures below were grown 2 years ago in my garden. 
Since then I haven't been able to grow much lettuce, because of slugs. 
2 years ago I'd spotted a few slugs in my garden, but this year we had a plaque of them! 
That means we had no lettuce this year.
 
 I love eating and growing lettuce, so next year I'll protect it with a net and plant it in a raised bed. I hope this will help :) 










Deer Tongue




 Devil's Ear






 Celtuce Karola




 Maiko



Forellenschluss



 Sucrine

 


Bronze Beauty


Evridika

 
 


Tom's Thumb



 2 years ago was a good year to grow lettuce.





1 comment:

  1. Bardzo dużo odmian sałaty posiadasz. Tyle kolorów. Tyle w niej witamin, nic tylko jeść. hehe Zdecydowanie muszę więcej sałaty jeść. :D

    Życzę Ci udanego weekendu. :)

    ReplyDelete