Thursday, September 21, 2017

Cosmoses, my favourite annuals



Cosmoses (cosmos bipinnatus) are my favourite annual flowers.




I love them for their typical shape of petals, like in a children's painting. 


I love them because they're easy to grow, they self-seed and they flower till the first frosts.   




Most of them grow high (1,2m or even 2m), but nowadays you can buy shorter, dwarf varieties that will fit in any garden.




 They attract bees and butterflies. 

I absolutely adore them :)





Take a look at range of varieties I planted this year.




White and Pink








Pink Popsocks






Cupcakes White
 







Cupcakes Pink
 




Xanthos






 White Double Click
 



Daydream





White Sensation






Typical pink one





6 comments:

  1. I love cosmos too. But it's not easy to grow Cosmos bipinnatus in our area, too Hot. My garden is suitable for Cosmos sulphureus and Cosmos caudatus. Both of them so happy here. I really like yours, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja także kocham kosmosy. To moje ulubione jednoroczne kwiaty. Co roku je wysiewam lub same się wysiewają. Nie mam aż tylu odmian, Ty masz cudne! Podobają mi się żółte i te białe jak miseczki, zresztą wszystkie śliczne:) Ja w tym roku posiałam onętki, które mają płatki w kształcie trąbek i te trąbki nie rozrywają się. Oryginalne, a nasiona pochodzą prosto z UK:)
    Pozdrawiam i będę zaglądała, jest u Ciebie ładnie no i kochasz...onętki:) pozdrawiam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed. I also love cosmos but only the origin one just suite with our local climate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja także jestem wielbicielką kosmosów, szczególnie lubię białe. One wszystkie mają taką delikatną urodę. Podziwiam Twoją kolekcję.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ojej, jakie ładne. I ile odmian! Nie miałam pojęcia, że występują w tak wielu formach. A skąd się bierze nasiona tych rzadszych odmian?

    ReplyDelete