Tuesday, January 2, 2018

New Year - New goals




It's going to be a busy year for us. 

I have many plans I want to put into action. 



The most important are:

  • buy some good soil and level the ground in the garden (There are still some depressions and hollows in the lawn we want to get rid of).

  • to build raised beds for vegetables (I'm thinking about 2-3 beds for now, especially for tomatoes and lettuce, and if they work out, I'll ask my husband to build more for the next year.)

  • to build wooden swing bench (Last year my husband built a great double wooden swing for kids (photo below). It looks great and kids love it but I'd like to have a swing for us too, so I could rest there with a cup of tea and look at the garden :) ) 


  • care about the pond, plant some plants there, arrange the border. (Right now it looks like a wild territory, there are lots of young black alder plants that are taking control over the place there. 



So, these are some of the plans at my to-do list for this year. 

I hope everything will go smoothly :)





3 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your garden and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja nie wiem, czemu raz piszę u Ciebie po angielsku, raz po polsku. haha Chciałabym mieć Twój poziom tego języka. :) Sporo jest do roboty, ale się uda. Marzy mi się ogród, a huśtawka w nim, to już raj. Piękne marzenie. Kibicuję we wszystkim, huśtawkę pewnie z zachwytem obejrzę. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about black elder taking over.

    ReplyDelete