Sunday, June 1, 2014

Could it be a lightning strike? // Czy mogło to być uderzenie pioruna?


This oak tree grows in our garden, we don't know its history because we bought our plot with it. It has a zigzag scar on the bark running from the top fork of the tree down, almost to the ground. 
 I thought that maybe the tree was struck by a lightning in the past, but I'm not sure, I've never seen a tree after a lightning strike. 

What do you think about this?
-----------

Ten dąb rosnący w naszym ogrodzie ma zygzakowatą bliznę na korze, lecącą z góry od głównego rozwidlenia aż do samego dołu. Kupiliśmy już działkę z tym drzewem, więc nie znamy jego historii. 
Pomyślałam, że może w przeszłości uderzył w niego piorun, ale pewna nie jestem, nigdy nie widziałam drzewa po uderzeniu pioruna. 

Co o tym myślicie?




4 comments:

  1. It is very interesting but I have not seen that before either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the effects if a lightning strike either but I bet that tree has a few stories to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely old three ! The surface is so nice. Good photo my dear!

    JetteMajken

    ReplyDelete